« All Events
Mandela: The Official Exhibition
October 21, 2023 @ 9:30 am - January 15, 2024 @ 5:00 pm $30.00
Your Experience Includes:
- Fresh insight into the people, places and events that formed Mandela’s character and the challenges he faced.
- Previously unseen film, photos and over 150 historical artifacts and personal effects on loan from the Mandela family, museums and archives worldwide.
- Mandela’s suit worn for the opening of the South African parliament in 1996.
- Mandela’s traditional headdress gifted to him by the king of the Xhosa people, Xolilzwe Sigcawu, as he awarded Mandela the ancient tribal warrior honor of the Isithwalandwe Sesizwe.
- Mandela’s presidential desk and chair and his iconic beige trench coat, on display for the first time in two decades.
- Immersive media presentations and scenic recreations, enabling guests to actively engage with and experience key moments in Nelson Mandela’s life.